Welcome to Adventures with Phil v2.0

So what is/was Adventures with Phil and where did "Step it up a notch" come from? Well, I used to do Adventures with Phil e-mail updates to let everyone know about the happenings in my life. If you're wondering, I originally got the name idea from the Red Green show, where there's a segment called Adventures with Bill.
Now, where did "Step it up a notch" come from? Before I go into that, there's something else I want to say. Even though "Step it up a notch" was hilariously funny in its original context, and the 20 or so of us who were there will definitely remember it as such, I am finding it is becoming more than just something I say; it's like a life motto, like the one the Three Musketeers had.
As I think about the words "step it up a notch", what comes to mind is the idea of doing more/going the extra mile, which also brings to mind Jesus' teaching in Matt 5:38-42. For me, applying step it up a notch means going deeper with God, building stronger family relationships and recognizing that I have the ability to reach out to help someone in need, no matter what the need is.

This section is getting too long so please make your way to the sidebar to find the origin of the phrase "step it up a notch".

Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Spring and I must be crazy

Hello! Well it's springtime, and the proof: I killed my first mosquito of the year. So far, spring weather has been pretty funky, three weekends ago it was +20C, the following weekend we got a foot of snow, last weekend was pretty normal, now we're looking good.

Onto the craziness: I am known to transport things in my car that you think wouldn't fit but I do it anyways and my latest one is pretty crazy (if you don't know, I drive a 2 dr Geo Metro). Some things I have transported in this tiny vehicle in the past (and how I managed to do it): 10 ft long 2X4's without anything sticking out the hatch (had the front passenger seat taken out), a 12 ft long copper pipe (had part of it hanging out the window), a mattress that was used as a sled (on the roof of my car). Today I transported 2 7ft cedars in my car, both at the same time, I considered making 2 trips but really didn't feel like it.
So here's the first one in the front seat.









And here's the second one in the trunk.








So last weekend I was in a Chinese supermarket and I saw 2 things that I thought were kinda disgusting and since I am now the proud owner of a camera phone, I took pictures (I think I am the last person in the world to upgrade to a colour phone, that's right, 3 weeks ago my phone did not have colour)

Ok, so normally when you think of swiss rolls, you think of chocolate, or strawberry flavored, or lemon, or something sweet, anything but butter! I mean butter is salty or flavorless, and greasy. Who wants to eat a salty swiss roll? Not me. I'll keep my butter flavoring to popcorn thank you very much.


Yum! Doesn't that sound appetizing? Crab fat paste.













So gas prices are stupidly high and it's just gonna get worse. For all you Americans complaining about $3.65/gal (well that's what I saw it at last time I checked) at least you aren't hovering around $5/gal. I heard a rumor that we could be at $5.70/gal ($1.50/L) within 3 weeks, I really hope that doesn't happen, that would not be cool.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home