Welcome to Adventures with Phil v2.0

So what is/was Adventures with Phil and where did "Step it up a notch" come from? Well, I used to do Adventures with Phil e-mail updates to let everyone know about the happenings in my life. If you're wondering, I originally got the name idea from the Red Green show, where there's a segment called Adventures with Bill.
Now, where did "Step it up a notch" come from? Before I go into that, there's something else I want to say. Even though "Step it up a notch" was hilariously funny in its original context, and the 20 or so of us who were there will definitely remember it as such, I am finding it is becoming more than just something I say; it's like a life motto, like the one the Three Musketeers had.
As I think about the words "step it up a notch", what comes to mind is the idea of doing more/going the extra mile, which also brings to mind Jesus' teaching in Matt 5:38-42. For me, applying step it up a notch means going deeper with God, building stronger family relationships and recognizing that I have the ability to reach out to help someone in need, no matter what the need is.

This section is getting too long so please make your way to the sidebar to find the origin of the phrase "step it up a notch".

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going AWOL for a while.... or is it AWL...either way I must be crazy

Well if I didn't have much of a social life before, I definitely won't have one for the next 2 months. It looks like I will have the opportunity to start working as a licenced power engineer in April provided I can get all of my work experience hours and pass the provincial exam beforehand. In order to do so, I must work everyday for the next 2 months. I will have my 2 days of paid work and the rest of the week at the Glenrose Hospital volunteering to get my hours. Add on top of that studying for the provincial licencing exam and I pretty much have the equivalent of 2 full-time jobs, if not more. Yes, I must be crazy.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home